Keith O’Brien P.G., C.HG.
Mr. O’Brien is a Registered Geologist in California, Arizona, Oregon, and Florida and a Certified Hydrogeologist in California with 30 years of hydrogeologic experience. During this time, Mr. O’Brien has had experience in managing and performing hydrogeologic and engineering studies, including water resource evaluation and development, computer modeling of hydrogeologic systems, and hazardous waste site characterization and remediation pursuant to federal, state, and local regulatory agency-negotiated work plans. Most of his experience has been with projects and clients in California. However, he has also worked on projects throughout the U.S.
Primary areas of responsibility for Mr. O'Brien have included the following:
- Technical advisor for the design and implementation of multidisciplinary environmental programs for industrial, municipal, and government sector clients. These programs have included: remedial investigations, feasibility studies, risk assessments, remediation effectiveness, water resource evaluations, and siting landfills and nuclear waste repositories;
- Providing technical-based cost allocation determinations, litigation support, and expert witness testimony;
- Interpreting geological, geophysical, hydrological, and geochemical characteristics of groundwater basins and municipal groundwater supply sites;
- Applying analytical and numerical methods in solving quantitative problems in groundwater flow and contaminant transport; and
- Negotiating work plans and interim and final cleanup orders with local, state, and federal regulatory agencies, primarily for industrial clients.