PES provides responsive industrial hygiene services to property owners, property developers, facility managers, construction firms and the legal community in all facets of asbestos, lead, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), mold and other environmental liabilities. PES has personnel that are certified by the California Department of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (Cal-OSHA) as Certified Asbestos Consultants and Site Surveillance Technicians. PES also has personnel that are accredited by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) as Lead Inspectors, Project Monitors, Project Designers, and Sampling Technicians.
Our industrial hygiene capabilities include the following:
- Performing full scope or limited surveys for Asbestos Containing Material (ACM) as required for demolition, remodeling or planning;
- Performing soil assessments for Naturally-Occurring Asbestos (NOA) as required for construction, and grading projects;
- Conducting Lead Based Paint (LBP) surveys and risk assessments for maintenance, demolition, renovations and general property management;
- Conducting assessments and sampling for PCBs as required for demolition permitting;
- Performing indoor air quality investigations, mold assessments and other biological hazard surveys (e.g., blackwater);
- Providing abatement management services, including: project design, specifications, bid assistance, submittal review, project monitoring, air sampling and clearance documentation for ACM, LBP, PCBs, mold and other hazard abatement projects;
- Developing Operations and Maintenance (O&M) programs for ACM, LBP, PCBs, and Mold;
- Preparing NOA Dust Mitigation Plans and NOA Air Monitoring Plans for regulatory submittal; conducting associated monitoring and sampling for compliance; and
- Conducting Hazard Communication training and O&M training programs.