- Two years relevant experience (Preferred)
- Associate’s Degree (Minimum)
We have an immediate need for a motivated self-starting individual that can complement our team. This position requires good communication, multitasking and problem-solving skills.
Responsibilities and duties:
The IT Technician is responsible for addressing computer, networking, and related issues. This position requires a strong understanding of Windows-based computers and networks and includes, but is not limited to, the following tasks and duties.
- Configure and maintain Windows-based computers for staff located in all three company offices.
- Maintain established computer networks, connections, and cabling.
- Perform troubleshooting to system failures.
- Inspect LAN infrastructure and fix minor or major problems/bugs.
- Test and configure software and maintain and repair hardware and peripheral devices (e.g., printers, phones).
- Evaluate network performance and find ways of improvement.
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without impeding staff from completing their own work.
- Do regular data backups to protect the organization’s files.
- Provide technical direction to co-workers on computer and network usage and offer comprehensive advice and instruction.
- As-needed, manage and maintain maintenance of the fleet of company vehicles.
Skills we are looking for in a candidate include:
- Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Windows-based desktop computers and servers, including LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols and network technologies.
- Hands-on experience with common software and hardware.
- Expertise with Microsoft Products
- Able to configure Routers, Firewalls and VPN
- Able to configure L2 switches, VLANs etc.
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory
- Strong knowledge of Group Policy
- Exchange Server
- Enterprise Security and Network Management
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Overtime eligible