Our Novato, CA office is seeking:
SENIOR ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEER
A BS in Civil or Chemical Engineering or equivalent required, with PE preferred. Must have 6-10 years professional experience & excellent written/verbal communication skills & ability to work on multiple projects concurrently. Field experience is mandatory.
Responsibilities include: soil/groundwater characterization, data interpretation, remedial investigations, report writing, soil vapor testing/analysis, remediation system design/operation (particularly soil vapor extraction and vapor mitigation systems), and construction management.
ASBESTOS SURVEILLANCE TECHNICIAN
Candidates are required to have a currASBESTOS SITE SURVEILLANCE TECHNICIAN/CONSULTANTent California Certified Site Surveillance Technician (CSST) or Asbestos Consultant (CAC) certification and a minimum of one to two years of experience. The CSST or CAC will conduct building material surveys for asbestos, perform abatement monitoring, air sampling, prepare reports, and provide project management assistance. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, strong understanding of Federal and State Environmental regulations, and excellent client relations skills.
CDPH lead certifications and experience with Indoor Air Quality assessments including microbial sampling is preferred. Experience with naturally-occurring asbestos is also desired.
Provide efficient, smooth-running, high quality office support that ensures clear, timely communications with staff. Includes phone reception, greeting visitors and providing general information. Requires excellent communications and customer service skills.
General Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Answering and directing phone calls
- Ordering office supplies, maintaining inventory and keeping supply area organized
- Opening and distributing mail
- Receiving FedEx/UPS early morning deliveries and distributing accordingly
- Preparation of Regular Mail, FedEx/UPS overnight shipping labels and packages for shipping. Order shipping supplies as needed
- Run Postage Meter Weekly Report
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs
- Maintain all copiers on a daily basis (refill paper trays)
- Order business cards for new employees and re-orders for existing employees
- General organization of conference rooms
- Scheduling of PES’ fleet of vehicles for various staff
- Requesting rental vehicles from Enterprise Rent-A-Car for various staff
- Organizing monthly lunch meetings
- Distributing faxes
- Maintaining files (Alpha and Numeric) in accordance with current filing procedures
- Data entry in Excel of box inventory for offsite storage
- Back up Word Processing when workload gets busy
- Additional duties may be assigned to assist Office Manager
Major Qualifications: The ideal candidate must have very strong customer service skills, positive attitude, great organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, ability to maintain goals and priorities while dealing with varying demands. Knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook/Acrobat. Valid California Driver’s License, vehicle insurance to run errands if needed for supplies or lunches. Must be able to work 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. A “smile in your voice” is a MUST.
Our Seattle, Wa office is seeking:
PROJECT/SENIOR REMEDIATION ENGINEER
A BS/MS in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical or Chemical engineering is required and WA professional engineering registration. Must have 4 to 8 years of relevant project experience supporting environmental investigation and cleanup projects. Must have 40 hr OSHA HAZWHOPER training certificate with current annual refresher, excellent written/verbal communication skills, practical problem solving abilities, and be able to work independently and as member of a diverse project team.
- Assist in the preparation of feasibility studies including the identifying applicable remedial technologies, developing remedial alternatives and preparing a detailed comparative evaluation of the alternatives;
- Preparing engineering cost estimates for remediation alternatives;
- Assisting with the preparation of engineering design drawings and specifications, project bidding, and selection of remedial contractors;
- Overseeing the implementation of remedial actions and preparing reports summarizing the work;
- Develop work plans for site investigation and remediation activities and oversee field staff.
- Overseeing the operations and maintenance of on-going remediation systems including and providing system optimization recommendations;
- Prepare feasibility studies, cleanup action reports, engineering reports, and project permitting requirements.
Our Seattle, Wa office is seeking:
A BS/MS in geology, hydrogeology, or hydrology, experience with soil and groundwater investigations, good communication and teamwork skills, practical problem solving abilities, and 40 hr OSHA HAZWHOPER training certificate.
conducting Phase I/II Site Assessments; supervision of the installation, development, and sampling of groundwater monitoring wells; groundwater, soil. and soil vapor sampling and analysis; data evaluation and report writing; and operation, maintenance & monitoring of soil/groundwater treatment systems.